Sunday, March 01, 2020

Dispatch From Sunday Morning

Finally a decent night's sleep. Up at 6. With the stress easing over the apartment transition, I'm starting to focus less on that than on the process of how we can let go of possessions in general: Something we all need to do at some point.

Although I loved my books, I'm much more relieved to be free of them than I was keeping them.

My mood may change slightly once I have my eye surgeries, and I can read again. But I doubt it will. The items worth keeping for my children and grandchildren are photos and journals.

Most of the files can go. If I can complete my memoir, they will be footnotes.

The book giveaway taught me how redistributing them to people who can benefit from them is better than trying to make a few bucks instead. Next, my clothes can go.

Goodbye possessions! I'm much freer without you.

-30-

No comments: