Thursday, September 08, 2022

Slow News Day

During this heat streak in Northern California, the air has started looking tropical in the morning as the world heats up. I can’t explain that; it just changes its appearance in this type of weather.

Wednesday was the day I finally had a 500-point game of Scrabble — 501 to be precise. I’ve been gradually improving by playing robots at Pogo.com, an activity I recommend especially for older adults concerned about maintaining cognitive skills and warding off dementia. My previous high over the years was 484.

It was a słow news day. At one point, I was asked how it feels as a journalist when you are on the verge of breaking a big story. My answer is that you’re excited of course, but also wary. A lot of things can go wrong with big stories, the worst of which are errors that only come to light after publication.

We go to great lengths to avoid mistakes, but they can still sneak through. So you live in fear of that happening.

It was a very slow news day. 

Then overnight came the news that the Queen is dying.

LATEST LINKS:

No comments: