Saturday, June 24, 2006

This Song is for You

What can we possibly say when the one we most wish was listening to us has turned away?

The only channel left is this simple, lonely blog, where I place foolish words in random order that roughly mimics the Blues beating through a giant hole in my heart.

Here's what I actually wish -- that I could dance with you tonight. In my fantasy, you would shake your head in that crazy way, and be barefoot.

But here is also what I must accept -- that you have left me, rejected me, and now must be free to dance with others. In other words, what you want is for me to move on, and ease any burden you still feel by my love for you.

So, dance away from me. Life is short, listen to what the music tells you.

The common tune that touches all of us is the rhythm of love. On this night, my hands are those only of a conductor, not a player. The strokes of my fingers cut through the open air, chasing a lost beat endlessly, only offering pleasures like the breeze that suddenly cools your cheeks, or the soft rain that kisses your lips...

No comments: