Monday, July 10, 2006

A romantic interlude-4

We didn't get much to eat at the party, so we headed to Chow, a late-night restaurant at Church and Market. We sat across from each other and talked our way through a nice meal. J. was concentrating her dark brown eyes on me in a new way. After I dropped her off at her place, parked, and walked home to my bed, I dreampt of her all night.

We had made a plan to go see Team America the next night, a Sunday night in mid-October '04. She laughed through the entire movie; I'd never seen her this happy. After dinner, when I drove her home, she asked me to park and come inside.

She sat on her living room chair and I sat on her couch. We got home by 11 pm or so and started talking like we always did. Now, our conversation was becoming loaded, there were lots of sexual nuances and double entendres emerging from both pairs of lips. On and on we talked, for two hours, four hours, five...Unlike every other night, she didn't act tired, or make any references about going to bed.

She just kept looking into my eyes with those new eyes of hers. Finally, around 4 am, she got out of her chair and came over to sit beside me on the couch. All talking ceased, to be replaced by kissing, and then...

Anyway, that's the night we became lovers. We barely spent another night apart over the next year. Two people who had taken a long time, six months, to really get to know one another, now were complicating their friendship with love. The chemistry was immediate and undeniable.

We were like an explosion that had been waiting to happen...

No comments: