Saturday, October 28, 2006

My Heart's in the Highlands* 1.1



"I know you're an artist.
Draw a picture of me."


That's my little hero, on the far right. He, and his teammates, played hard and ultimately prevailed today in their first playoff game.

The portraits I draw here are only done so out of love. But the other side of my stories -- the hurt, the anger, the betrayals, remain largely untold.

There is so much more I could write. But, before I could tell those stories, I would have to finish a self-inventory, and take responsibility for all of my mistakes.

Most of the time, I'd rather just obliterate the whole memory of my life, without assigning any blame, or romanticize it.

After all, you lose some and you win some.

Today was a winning day, for me and mine.

Tonight, however, is a reminder of just how empty "winning" can be.

*Bob Dylan

-30-

No comments: