Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Watchers and the Players 1.1

So, I've got athletes among my progeny and also I've got Dylan. How to explain this extra-special little guy? Dylan doesn't really do the sports thing. His fingers are long and he can play the piano beautifully. Although he runs fast, I doubt he will be a track star, mainly because no one in history, so far as I know, has ever won a track meet wearing a heavy wool Red Army Cossack hat, which Dylan never takes off. Underneath is his curly red hair, which he does not yet acknowledge is as lovely as anyone's hair could possibly be.

What Dylan does is root. He cheers on his older brother Aidan, in soccer, baseball, and basketball; and his little sister, Julia, in soccer. That is, when he notices the game. He is a prodigious reader, and is able to concentrate even as the adults around him yell and cheer.

But, there are seldom chances to cheer for Dylan, because he doesn't play competitive sports.

So, tonight I am cheering for him, and the others like him...

-30-

No comments: