Friday, March 16, 2007

Seeing love



I know that I am not a skilled photographer, but I have shot my kids and lovers and friends many times, trying to capture some of what I find so special about them. This is my son Dylan, without his Red Army Cossack hat -- therefore a rare glimpse at his lovely hair.



This is Michelle, as captured by her gifted photojournalist friend, Jeffrey Lau, last weekend in New York.

The rest of these images are of Dylan and me as we moved around Murray Hill, through Jeffrey's lens.



Nothing tells a story as effectively as a skilled photographer's work.



I could attempt to compete with words, but they would only get in the way of Jeffrey's storytelling.



Pictures are, and always have been, worth a thousand words, as we all know.



If you think about it, you see why a writer (and a bad photographer) like me, has to labor so long, and create so many words, in a hopeless attempt to tell you what you can clearly glimpse in these masterful photos.

These are, after all, images of love.

-30-







-30-

No comments: