Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Dreamstates



A couple weeks ago, up north at farm school, I leaned back in my reading chair to look at the sky. I could swear that two distinct layers of clouds were moving in opposite directions up there.

The higher layer seemed to be drifting languidly to the west. The lower level seemed to be racing on prevailing winds to the east.



My eyes focused on the lower layer. After a while, I noticed that two large chunks of cumulus clouds appeared to be separated pieces of a giant puzzle, and as I gazed at them, they seemed as if they were slowly floating back together.



It all reminded me of what I know about the continents on earth; how they separated and how they may still fit back into one another. And also of people. In the end, if we truly love and value one another, we find our way back home.

-30-

No comments: