Friday, February 29, 2008

We're official



My business license(s) arrived today, one in blue and one in orange, with no explanation from the City for these color choices.

Anyway, I'm under a directive to display at least one of these licenses in a prominent place here, in my place of business, so I chose my favorite religious frame and placed it in a spot you simply cannot miss as you walk into my abode.



Once we received the official imprimatur from the City, our fledgling business decided to act like our colleagues in the business community, so we all took the equivalent of a golf break late today to watch the opening practice of this spring's soccer season.



The player we're sponsoring, who is known by her nickname, Thunderfoot, performed admirably, in the cold, windy wilds of St. Mary's Park, just south of Bernal Heights.



In other news, all of my vegetables are sprouting now.



The plum tree out back is cloaking itself in ever-more-thick coat of white blossoms.



Our sourgrass field is in full bloom as well.

-30-

1 comment:

DanogramUSA said...

David,

The colors are pretty.

Color coding to help you keep the years straight, I suppose. San Francisco does issue better looking licenses than Allen County, Ohio. My jealousy remains tempered, though, by the suspicion that Allen County's will cost considerably less (don't really know that, just a wild guess).

You know, of course, that (in spite of the pretty colors) these documents may come to represent a more than vaguely irritating reminder of the recurring obligations implied. Even in Allen County, Ohio one needs services of at least competent tax support. If you don't actually retain legal support, it would be a good idea to know who to call in a pinch. By the way, I do hope that you have since signed these documents; for God's sake, don't get nailed for “improper display”.

To Your Success,

Dan