Monday, February 16, 2009

Taking Stock of It (לוקח מניות של זה)



It must be a throwback to when I lived in places that had real storms -- Michigan, Florida, Maryland -- but as soon as there was a break in the rains that have been pummeling us for days now, I went out to buy cans of food.

Large cumulus clouds are usually a rarity hereabouts, but for now, an every day occurrence. The sky's dramatic, dark, foreboding.

I am entirely alone on this day. For two hours, I watched YouTube videos -- Emmylou Harris, Tammy Wynette, George Jones, Merle Haggard, Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash -- lots of my old friends.

Then I started working -- posting writings, photos, tweets.

That's right; I finally broke down and joined Twitter. It's fun! Another forum for connecting.

After this blog post, I'm gonna try and finish that book (The Three E's) and publish it. If I succeed, I'll be back to provide a link to it. It will be on sale for $2.85 but I'll make sure you can also read it for free -- that's one beauty of self-publishing.

Wandering through my town today, going into the Dollar Store and a couple Central American markets, I started lusting for papaya. On all of my trips to Mexico and Hawaii, not to mention the South China Sea, I've eaten tropical fruits so delicious that just the memory makes my tongue wet.

Sensuality. The sun crashed through those clouds, illuminating every thought and impulse. A pretty girl, Chinese, handed me change after my purchase.

"Not today?" She was referring to my decision to eschew the papaya, which she had kindly guided me to (it was hiding.)

My mouth started to open but my blue eyes (like those of a "ghost," my Japanese friend tells me, "scary") just gazed into her dark brown ones and I lost my train of thought.

How do some people become so beautiful? Their skin, their hair, their eyes just emit a light that rivals the sun's. But, of course, I am an old man now, and I forget that when they look at me, these young girls feel a mixture of -- what? -- pity, condescension, compassion, regret, disgust, fear?

Certainly not desire.

Not one to be a dirty old man, my thoughts are pure. These angels are like special visitors who populate my inner world for but a few moments, lighting the corners where my voices go.

The voices speak, calming me or making me suddenly urgent. I randomly yet constantly imagine my own death. "Passing away," as they say. "Lift off," I would say if I were a believer.

Hell, maybe I'll rediscover God one of these days. It's not like I don't like the Bible, at least the Old Testament. I've done my share of begetting, haven't I?

So, do you sense what is happening here, dearest reader? Do you recognize the game I am playing, with you, my willing conspirator. I'm avoiding the hard work of editing that book I mentioned above.

Well, it's not much of a book, really. More of a bookie. A little thing, modest in size and scope. But, looked at in a certain light, from a certain vantage, as pretty as the girl in the market, and just as unobtainable, sure to vanish even as the storm resumes.


"The Old Man & the Seaglass" (Who's that to my left? Mini Me.)
-30-

מישיגן, פלורידה, מרילנד - אבל ברגע שהיה הפסקה הגשמים כי כבר pummeling לנו עכשיו במשך ימים, יצאתי לקנות פחיות מזון.

תלולית גדולה עננים הם בדרך כלל דבר נדיר hereabouts, אך לעת עתה, על כל יום המופע. הדרמטית של השמים, כהה, חשש מהבאות.

אני לגמרי לבד ביום זה. במשך שעתיים, צפיתי YouTube Videos - Emmylou האריס, Tammy Wynette, ג 'ורג' ג 'ונס, שחרור מבעית, וילי נלסון, דולי Parton, ג' וני מזומן - הרבה חברים שלי.

אז התחלתי לעבוד - פירסום בכתבי, תצלומים, tweets.

That's right, אני סוף סוף התקלקלה והצטרפה לצפצף. זה כיף! פורום נוסף עבור חיבור.

אחרי זה לכתוב בבלוג, אני הולך לנסות לסיים את הספר (של שלושת אי) ולפרסם אותו. אם אני להצליח, אני יהיה בחזרה לספק קישור אליו. זה יהיה על מכירה של 2.85 $ אבל אני יהיה לוודא שאתה יכול גם לקרוא את זה בחינם - זה אחד יופי של פרסום עצמי.

נדודים דרך העיירה שלי היום, הולך לתוך חנות דולר לזוג ו המרכזית האמריקנית שווקים, התחלתי התחשקות עבור פאפאיה. בכל אזור נסיעות מקסיקו ו הוואי, שלא להזכיר את דרום סין ים, אני כבר אכלו פירות טרופיים טעים כל כך, כי רק את הזיכרון שלי עושה לשון רטובה.

חושניות. השמש קרס דרך עננים אלה, illuminating כל מחשבה או דחף. בחורה יפה, סינית, העביר לי את השינוי לאחר הרכישה.

"לא היום?" היא הייתה כוונתי שלי את ההחלטה להמנע פאפאיה, אשר היו לה חביב הדריך אותי (הוא היה מחביא.)

הפה שלי התחיל לפתוח אבל העיניים שלי כחול (כמו אלה של "רוח רפאים", יפנית חבר שלי אומר לי, "מפחיד") רק לה לתוך gazed שחום אלו ואני איבדתי את הרכבת של מחשבה.

כיצד להפוך חלק מהאנשים כל כך יפה? העור שלהם, את השיער, את העיניים רק לפלוט אור כי rivals של השמש. אבל, כמובן, אני איש זקן עכשיו, ואני לשכוח כי כאשר הם מסתכלים עלי, אלו בנות צעירות מרגיש תערובת של - מה? - רחמים, condescension, חמלה, חרטה, בחילה, פחד?

בהחלט לא רוצים.

לא אחד כדי להיות מלוכלך זקן, המחשבות שלי הם מאה אחוז. אלה הם כמו מלאכים מיוחד המבקרים לאכלס את העולם הפנימי, אך עבור מספר דקות, תאורה על פינות שבו הקולות שלי ללכת.

הקולות מדברים, שכיכה אותי או גורם לי פתאום דחוף. אני כל הזמן באופן אקראי עדיין לדמיין את עצמו למוות. "פטירה", כמו שאומרים. "המראה של חללית," אני אומר, אם הייתי מאמין א.

לעזאזל, אולי אני אקח אחד אלוהים מחדש בימים אלה. זה לא כאילו אני לא אוהב את התנ"ך, לפחות התנ"ך. אני כבר סיימתי את חלקה של begetting, לא אני?

אז, את תחושת מה שקורה כאן, dearest הקורא? האם אתם מכירים את המשחק אני משחק, עם אתה, שלי מוכן זומם. אני למנוע את העבודה הקשה של עורך הספר, כי אני המוזכרים לעיל.

ובכן, זה לא הרבה יותר של הספר, באמת. יותר כמו סוכן המורים. דבר קטן, בגודל צנוע ואת היקף. אבל, הסתכל מסוים לאור, מתוך תצפית מסוימים, כמו ילדה יפה כמו בשוק, וכן כפי unobtainable, בטח כדי לחלוף הסערה אפילו מתחיל מחדש.


"האיש הזקן & את Seaglass"
-30-

(And back from Hebrew)

לוקח מניות של זה מישיגן, פלורידה, מרילנד - אבל ברגע שהיה הפסקה הגשמים כי כבר

Taking stock of this

Michigan, Florida, Maryland - but once the rains that had a break already Pummeling us for days now, I buy cans of food.

Large cumulus Clouds are usually rarity hereabouts, but for now, on every day occurrence. Of the dramatic sky, dark, foreboding.

I'm totally alone on this day. For two hours, צפיתי YouTube Videos - Emmylou Harris, Tammy Wynette, George Jones, the release of gruesome, Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash - a lot of my friends.

So I started to work - in the post, photos, tweets.

That's right, I finally broke down and joined twitter. This is fun! Another forum for the connection.

After writing this blog, I'm going to try to finish the book (the three E's) and publish it. If I succeed, I'll provide a link back to it. It will be on sale for $ 2.85 but I'll make sure you can also read it for free - this is one of the beauty of self-publishing.

Wandering through my town today, going into the shop for a couple bucks and Central American markets, I started lusting for papaya. All My Travel Mexico and Hawaii, not to mention the South China Sea, I had already eaten tropical fruit is so tasty, that only makes the memory of my wet tongue.

Sensuality. The sun crashed through the Clouds, illuminating every thought or impulse. Beautiful girl, Chinese, handed me the change after the purchase.

"Not today?" She was referring to my decision to avoid papaya, which were kindly guided me to her (he was hiding.)

My mouth began to open, but my blue eyes (like those of a "spectral", my Japanese friend told me, "scary") only Gazed her into those dark and I lost my train of thought.

How to become a part of the people so nice? Their skin, the hair, the eyes that only emit light of the sun Rivals. But, of course, I'm an old man now, and I forget that when they look at me, these young girls feel a mixture of - what? - Pity, condescension, pity, remorse, disgust, fear?

Definitely do not want to.

Not one to be dirty beard, my thoughts are pure. These are like angels special visitors populate the inner world, but for a few minutes, lighting the corners where the voices of my walk.

Voices talking, calming me and makes me suddenly urgent. I always randomly still imagine himself to death. "Death", as they say. "Lift off," I say, if I was a believer.

Hell, maybe I'll take one of these days, God re. It is not like I do not like the Bible, at least the Bible. I have already done their share of begetting, not I?

So, the sense of what's happening here, dearest reader? Do you know the game I play, with you, my willing conspirator. I avoid the hard work of editing a book that I mentioned above.

Well, it's not much more of the book, really. More like a bookie. A small, modest in size and scope. But, looked at a certain light, from a certain viewpoint, like a beautiful girl like the market, and as unobtainable, probably to take the storm even begins again.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is a link to help, maybe, nudge you a little closer to rediscovering God

http://www.harvest.org/webcast/player.php?event=1&section=archive&id=775

If you like, you can jump right to the message...and if it moves you, please pass it on...