Friday, July 31, 2009

Townies



We headed down to the microbrew pub 21st Amendment for lunch today -- the chili and cobb salad were terrific.

The view down Bryant from Spear is fabulous.

The thick white fog hung over the hills, leaving the Mission warm and sunny. Took a long walk trough this end of town in late afternoon.

This is what is known as a micro-post. Not a lot of content. I'm in a "pre-writing" kind of mood. The two long, old pieces of fiction I posted here earlier in the week, "Tidelines," and "Lost in North Islington," drew some favorable responses, so maybe I'll pursue a more formal route to getting them published.

Happy Friday Night. My three youngest are due back tonight from a long, long, long vacation in Mexico with their Mom. I've been missing them with a fierce, dull pain that never backs off, probably because our contact has had to be extremely limited. If you call or text too much on cellphones -- in this still primitive era, controlled by evil corporations -- you can end up with a monster bill.

My kids are creative and I've received one email and one Facebook message from them, so there must have been an Internet cafe in the Mexican city where they were staying.

-30-

No comments: