Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Right Ingredients



Today my teenage boys truly surprised me. For the first time in three years, they asked to go to a park and play baseball.

The only problem is they've long outgrown the old equipment. They have stretched upwards around a foot each since 2006, when the older of the two decided to forego baseball to concentrate on soccer and basketball.

So we went off to a local sports store.



We found a Maplewood bat, a glove and a couple of baseballs, and headed off to a local park. It was old-fashioned fun.

Back home, the electrician has finished up his work fixing my place after we blew out an outlet the other night. There are only 40 amps coming into this large flat; probably half of what a modern family requires.

But, he split a few circuits, added an outlet, replaced a switch, and now I'll be in better shape when my daughters and grandsons start arriving next weekend for a nice long visit.

As I was picking the tomatoes and onions shown at the top of this post earlier today, I thought to myself, "I hope enough of these are still harvest-able a week from now.

No comments: