Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Report Cards

It's spring-break week for the public schools here, and a chance for my two high school students to check out various colleges. It's hard to believe how soon they will be waving good-bye and heading off to begin their adult lives, though I've still got a bit of time to get used to that idea.

My 16-year-old sophomore toured U-C, Santa Cruz, today. Of course, his college choices will be based not only on academics, but also on his soccer skills.

Meanwhile, my fourteen-year-old freshman is down at Cal Tech tonight with his oldest brother, a PhD candidate, learning what a neuroscience lab looks like.

I remember my visit to that same lab a couple years back, part of a very fun road trip.

***




Of course, I still have one younger child who is not thinking about college yet but about high school. Tomorrow she presents her science project -- melting chocolate. She has been working for days to get her poster just right.

1 comment:

Anjuli said...

oh my - the college search- how time flies!! Such an exciting time in their lives.

Your youngest has chosen such a delicious project :)