Sunday, January 15, 2012

Nuances of a Day


The first-ever meeting between the youth teams of the professional San Jose Earthquakes vs. the San Francisco Seals this morning was an entertaining match in blustery western San Francisco.

Bruised up a bit after the game, my player (#16) said he enjoyed the game, which was close, and that the opponents reminded him of a team he'd faced in Europe last summer, also a youth professional development team, that one from Sweden.

Afterwards, I drove down the peninsula for a work meeting as the startup I'm helping prepare for launch approaches D-Day.

Tonight, my daughter came over for a relatively rare evening alone. I prepared edamame, rice and beans, with cheese, and a plate of fresh fruit. When she's the only one eating with me, I'm happily vegetarian, just like her, I find.

It's a pleasing experience for me.

With the boys, I'm a carnivore, not quite a "paleo"-diet fanatic, but we eat a lot of meat-centric meals.

At the end of the evening, after our healthy food, my daughter and I shared a bowl of popcorn while watching one of her favorite TV shows.

Just another day here in our town.

-30-

1 comment:

Anjuli said...

sounds like a wonderful day. AS for us up here in the Seattle area- we are snow bound! It looks great to see the trees all glistening with white dusting- but I'm glad I am IN here and NOT out there :)