Monday, February 20, 2012

Best Things Ever

As I was standing outside the SPCA this afternoon, waiting for my daughter and her friend to emerge from their day's work as Junior Counselors, my mind wandered back over all my previous visits to this place, with one person or another at my side.

The girls had smiles on their faces as they emerged into the afternoon air. How sweet to taste that first bit of authority in life!

Meanwhile, I've been trying to get the cold, cold Siri to warm up to me. For the first time, I felt we had some communication tonight, as she agreed to wake me up tomorrow morning in time to take the girls back to their SPCA camp.

At lunch, at Whiz Burger, our lost-in-the-50s local drive-in hamburger joint, the boys helped me figure out how to use my iPhone better.

They were all off school, of course, because this was a holiday, President's Day. A very odd holiday, IMHO, but one nonetheless. And if you're a kid in school, holidays are the best things ever...

-30-

1 comment:

Anjuli said...

I take my hat off to you being able to 'get used to the Iphone"- All my kids have one- but I still want a very 'old' type of cell phone.