Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Complications

Call from one son, he is sick, so I pick him up from school. It's a hot day but he is bundled up in a sweatshirt and wearing gloves, clearly having chills (thus fevers) and a very sore throat.

We've had a lot of this this spring. It's disruptive, to his day and mine.

Back home, he falls asleep and I keep working, working, working, alone on these damn audits. It's an odd ordeal knowing you are innocent but having to prove it. It's a horrible experience, actually, very lonely to prepare for battles with your own government.

Honestly, if we had a straight forward tax code, as opposed to the one we are forced to deal with, in all its complexity, people like me would never be audited because everything would be simple, easy and transparent.

That's right, I am blaming the U.S. government for my audit. It's their fault. And millions of other little people like me are suffering the same fate.

Shame on you, Uncle Sam! You are a bully.

I can let that go, of course, because there are other parts of life. Even as I face being robbed by my corrupt uncle, I can hear the birds sing, see the butterflies flutter, and appreciate my children's dilemmas.

One has a science test tomorrow; she studied hard. One has a math test Thursday that he must do well on; he's in a precarious situation.

The Giants beat the Dodgers tonight. That is a sweet thing.

I'm constantly searching for the return of balance to my life. For the threats to be reduced and for the dreams to return. I want to start dreaming again.

It's been way too long.

-30-

p.s. I also wish I would fall in love again.

1 comment:

Anjuli said...

I love the fact- that despite audits, sickness etc- you can still hear the birds sing- that is marvelous- also love the way the words flowed in that line.

p.s.
Believe me, this has been my prayer EVERYDAY- that God is going to bring that special someone into your life very soon-- I will not stop praying that until I read about her in your blog...I only fear she will be so special you will not have time to blog for us- ha ha!!