Monday, May 07, 2012

Off to the Future


This is the last season for my daughter's soccer team; too many of the girls are "aging out," so her one option is to commit to moving up, like her brother-coach did years ago, to the "club" level.

We've found a club team that will give her and three of her seventh grade friends a chance to do just that.

Today, in the heat, the girls practiced with this team. I like the coach, he makes them run just like their current coach does. He understands how important conditioning is as you move up in soccer.

Although she's been negative about this option until tonight, after we finished her math homework, she told me she is "leaning toward" saying yes.

I hope so. A good choice for her, I think.

-30-

1 comment:

Anjuli said...

It is always difficult to make changes- even good ones- but in the end, it will be well worth the effort. It is good that you encourage her to be involved in soccer- I remember my days in Soccer taught me so much about team work- lessons which I still find helpful today-- 35 years later!