Monday, November 05, 2012

The Last Speech

Barack Obama gave one of the greatest closing speeches I've ever witnessed in Iowa tonight. It was inspirational. It will echo across America, I believe.

What is touching is that, win or lose, this was his last political speech. Way too soon, win or lose, his career as a politician is now over.

That's what politics in America has come to. A few years on the national stage. Then over and out.

That is how we treat our brightest hopes. All I can say to my relatives and supposed friends who oppose Obama, is 'Shame on you!'

Obama will win. Those of you who opposed him need to re-examine your true values. What is it, exactly, that you believe in?

Please let me know, because I am very, very disappointed in you, so much so I don't think you can honestly call me your relative from now on without a true, honest explanation.

-30-

No comments: