Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day

 My daughter Sarah Daisy posted this photo of the two of us from somewhere around 1981. I think we were at Sanibel at the time.
With my youngest away on a camping trip, my teenaged boys took over the Happy Father's Day responsibilities, and they've done a great job. Dylan cooked me breakfast (first time that has happened in many years!), which was very sweet of him.

Meanwhile, Aidan was out on the bus lines getting a card Julia made for me before leaving town and a present for me from his girlfriend, Zaira.

He also made me a card (yellow) in his distinctive artistic style, which Julia clearly decided to copy in her (blue) card.

The boys and I also did something else I rarely do -- we went to a movie: Star Trek, the latest version. What struck me, being as I almost never go to theaters any longer, were the trailers for upcoming movies -- almost every one was of the disaster/thriller/apocalyptic genre.

One of the only two that were not of that type was Anchorman 2.

While we were in the movie, Julia called me on the one public telephone from where she is camping and left me a message. I also heard from Laila and Peter, so that makes all six.

Now we're back home just in time for me to watch the Giants game.

All in all, one of the best Father's Days I can recall.

-30-

No comments: