Thursday, July 04, 2013

Family Projects

I know it's the 4th of July and a time to get all patriotic and all that (yawn) but I'm going to get all family instead. BTW, I have no problem at all with all of the folks setting off fireworks here in the Mission -- Happy Birthday, America! Way to go, richest country on earth. Congratulations for once again hogging our common resources and contributing to global climate change. Yeah! Way to go!

Do not get me wrong. I love my country but I love my family much, much more. The above is a "magazine clutch" my youngest designed from a DIY kit. The photo gets bigger if you click on it, but it's basically a page of New Yorker comics. Those who usually make these clutches choose fashionable magazine covers that make them appear cool.

Julia chose a different option. There's not much cool about her clutch, unless you appreciate political irony. In that event, this is the coolest of cool, and also the essence of what makes this country great.
Here she is, modeling her work. What a wonderful artist she is!

Happy Independence Day, everyone!

-30-

No comments: