Sunday, July 19, 2015

Backyard Stroll








The beauty of flowers never slows down in amazing me. I am constantly amazed. Butterflies, white ones, flutter about. I wish there were more honeybees. Lots of birds here. It feels like a rainstorm may be coming. If so the birds will alert me.

The confinement of human culture never slows down in amazing me. I have felt confined my whole life. How to live freely the way I want to live? And yet this is supposedly the most free of free places. A large jet just rose over head, heading somewhere or another.

My backyard is a free place, that is for sure. I can do whatever I want to do back there. It turns out what I want to do most these days is just capture the natural beauty around me. That's all. A very modest goal.

And don't those young artichokes look yummy?

-30-

No comments: