Saturday, March 05, 2016

Test Time

Lunch with Julia after she took her first SAT for five hours this morning. One thing that bothers me is that the schools never seem to be able to estimate when the kids will be ready to be picked up, so I waited outside Gateway for almost 1.5 hours. But when she emerged, she seemed satisfied that she had done pretty well on this test that is so hyped up by teachers that kids get very nervous on the days they go to take it -- always weekend days.

She also told me she is teaching 8 middle school girls to climb rocks at Mission Cliffs, as part of her advisory board role at Girl Ventures.

It's cool that we had Caroline Paul, a local writer, on both Forum and Newsroom yesterday. She was the first woman firefighter in San Francisco and is an adventurer on many levels. Her latest book, Gutsy Girls, is about how too many of us parents do not encourage our girls to take risks that we easily encourage our sons to take.

I told Julia about it and will now try to get her a copy of that book.

***

Today is also the day I started preparing all of my tax information for my accountant. Tomorrow my plan is to work on Aidan's and Dylan's taxes.

It is raining here, finally, off and on all day. El Nino is back!

-30-

No comments: