Thursday, July 25, 2019

Caretakers

My kids have emerged as my primary caretakers, plus a few friends and the home healthcare team. Having meals with people several times a week keeps me fresh and alert. I watch a lot of TV and rented movies, play fantasy baseball, communicate widely, work on my memoir, and keep this blog.

I try to post daily here now I am not going to work each day. I take my meds and get dressed, cook meals, pay bills. All the little things most people do. I do not need help showering or getting into and out of bed. But the healthcare people warn it will takes months to recover my strength.

One nurse said she is not sure I will, given that my legs, usually strong, seem to be weakening these days.

I have enough in retirement funds to last without income for a while; who knows exactly how long. I'm still consolidating my accounts. So I refuse to worry about money. Except for our meals out, I am frugal.

All in all, I feel lucky and hopeful.

-30-

No comments: