Friday, July 26, 2019

Political Ambitions and Fakery

Like most political junkies, I am trying to read the confusing signals this political season. That there are too many Democratic candidates is obvious.

When I assess a candidate, it is visceral. As a voter do I like or trust him/her? What ideas does the candidate have that resonate with me.

One thing I easily detect is a fake smile. Those with political ambition often adopt fake smiles, as if they are more joyful than is actually the case.

Others adopt fake gestures in order to appear forceful.

Fake ideas can be harder to discern, but there are plenty of those being propagated.

My conclusion at this point is that there is no effective Democratic candidate to run against Trump -- yet.

But there are plenty of posers.

-30-

No comments: