Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Recovery After Setback

Got sick last night, probably food poisoning. Stable by ~ midnight. At a time like that it is good to have 7/24 nursing help.

Woke up at 4 a.m. It's 50 degrees outside. I am worrying about the future, long-term and immediate.

After so many months in and out of medical institutions, I'm desperate to regain control of my own life. There is a helpless state that you get in at times like this. Some people like it; I hate it.

Working on my memoir night and day, strictly from memory, is my main work activity these days. There is no question that it has been, objectively, an amazing career, but apart from the book, is it over now?

Peter and I calculate that if I could wrangle a light annual consulting income, say $25,000, I would be in solid shape.

=50=

No comments: