Monday, January 06, 2020

Happy Birthday Daisy!

My granddaughter is in Bourdeau as she celebrates her birthday, I believe her 6th.

We're only on the 6th day of this new year, barely 1.6% of the way through it and already 2 of my 7 grandchildren have had birthdays, or 28.6%. We'll beat the tear in this regard as our grandchildren will have had all of their birthdays before the end of October.

***

I woke up at 5 a.m. Now it's past 7:30 here in Pacifica, 44 degrees and sunny. The early morning hours are exciting here with the sounds of nurses busily preparing for the day. But at 5 that was still TK (to come).

Someone was moaning loudly, someone was coughing loudly, my roommate was groaning softly. I pulled out my laptop and started writing on my memoir. The words rushed like water over a bed of rock. Lately I have been recalling the many places I have consulted, like Wikipedia, California Academy of Sciences, and BIG magazine.

***

Have you ever wondered why old people stare at you? It's because we can'y see very well and we can only make out the contours of your face. We are trying to decide whether we know you.

The blank stare is not meant to be hostile.

-30-

No comments: