Monday, March 23, 2020

Homework Time

Having spent decades helping my kids (and some of my friends' kids) with their homework, today it was a familiar old feeling to work with Laila's kids on their school assignments. Kids differ in their work styles and the emotional approach they bring to the tasks at hand.

Some are impatient and rebel at the prospect of homework. Others seem to relish it and approach it conscientiously.

There are things parents can do -- to help or hurt. My youngest, Julia, was ready for a snack after school -- cucumbers and other vegetables with hummus. While I prepared that she began to buckle down, and kept at it until it was finished.

My granddaughter Sophia, who's two days short of 9, is a creative story writer. Today I congratulated her and only pointed out a few spelling corrections.

-30-

No comments: