Sunday, October 15, 2006

Sleepless in San Francisco

Coutesy of photographer Brian Castagne, these action shots of my red-headed soccer player add some brightness and color to a gray, cool, foggy Sunday morning. I'm still in bed in mid-morning, not out of laziness but some sort of sickness, or pain. It was a long night, little of it spent asleep. The darkness has given way to daylight, but not yet to blue skies, sunshine, or warmth.

I approach this day with trepidation. I wish I were well, but today I am not.

Technology has been breaking down around me lately, bringing with it that familiar sense of isolation and frustration. I love Skype but hate it when it suddenly falters. Usually the problem isn't Skype's fault at all, but our computers'.

If this pain subsides, I need to get out to Treasure Island and coach baseball; then to the East Bay for a bookstore reading by the man we believe killed my friends's mother.

Until then, the main reason I wrote this post was to feel a sense of connecting with the world, as I lie here alone.

-30-

No comments: