Friday, September 07, 2012

Special Friday


Happy 18th to my high school senior, with his soccer season about to begin, and college application time approaching.

Today we had a small celebration; here his nephew assists with blowing out the candles on a little cake we got him.

Tomorrow morning he has to get up early to take the ACT -- a five-hour marathon. I simply do not get the obsession with testing in the U.S. educational system.

Tonight, the Giants beat the Dodgers to move into a pretty commanding first place lead in their division -- another nice birthday gift.

Out at 9 to pick up my daughter from a dance party. The cat loves her -- for one of the first times, he emerged from the closet to sit next to her on the bed for a long time.

I know I've not been writing the long posts that I normally write here lately -- too many distractions with the election, the baseball race, and getting the kids back to school.

But soon I'll start again, I hope.

Until then, short updates are the best I can offer.

Cheers!

-30-

No comments: