Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Fruits, Vegetables and Jasmine


My daughter Sarah and I talked about how to introduce our kids to more vegetables (and fruits) on Saturday, and that conversation inspired me to go out shopping on Sunday, when I bought onions, orange bell peppers, garlic, zucchini, cucumber, baby carrots, key limes, mandarin tangerines, brown mushrooms, basil, apples, grapes and peaches.

I love filling my refrigerator with these items, because I like eating them and I love serving them to my kid(s). These days, that would mean my one remaining kid at home, 16-year-old Julia.

On the way to work yesterday, I shot this photo of a flowering jasmine plant. The kind that smells, especially after dark on a warm night.

My neighbors removed all of the jasmine from our mutual fence in my front yard last year, it seemed like it was gone forever. But this weekend, I noticed that one little strand of jasmine has returned, on my side of our fence. A little strand, making a statement.

I love that! May it grow up to look like the plant in this photo.

-30-

No comments: