Saturday, August 01, 2015

Old Map

One of my sisters moved recently and found an old letter from me written in Kabul 0ver 45 years ago. She snet it out plus an old map of Kabul that dates from that same era.

It occurred to me it probably has some value and maybe I will get it framed.

***

This morning I went shopping as we were almost out of food. Julia helped create the list -- mainly fruits and vegetables and bubbly water -- and at the top of her list wrote "large latte."

There is a Starbuck's embedded in the nearby Safeway so it wouldn't require an extra stop. My one worry/ That I would forget, because once my recyclable bags are loaded with perishable groceries I normally march straight home. especially when we are in the missle of a heat wave.

So while checking out the food I mentioned to the checker -- a friendly woman who has worked there for years -- that I as afraid I would forget my daughter's latte. When we finished packing up the foos and supplies she said "Don't forget the latte!"

I didn't.

-30-

No comments: