Thursday, January 12, 2017

Lunch Today


Aidan and Dylan came by today and we got lunch at Rhea's. Both boys head back to college pretty soon so it was great to catch up again and talk about things. Aidan gave me a Christmas present: the new Bruce Springsteen biography.

Last night when I got home I discovered my furnace had stopped working. It is fiendishly cold for this area and my apartment is quite uncomfortable in the day and intolerable at night. The soonest a worker can come is Saturday afternoon, so I am bundled up like an Eskimo.

I led a journalism ethics seminar with our incoming intern class today. They are all feeling a lot of pressure in this new era of attacks on the press and the First Amendment. I wish I could reassure them things will be okay.

I cannot.

-30-

No comments: