Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Through the looking glass, softly 1.2 (Con parecer de cristal, suavemente 1.1) 見るガラスを通して、そっと



I think I see a beautiful garden of flowers, attended by a lovely woman. All is yellow, and orange and pink and green. A photograph of a real person in a real place, captured as an image that blurs the boundaries between the real and the perceived.

In About Looking, John Berger explains this phenomenon. So, my question is this: How much of love is imaginary? If my feelings of love for someone exist in my mind and my heart, is that enough?

Or, does the feeling have to be returned in a way that I can accept and appreciate? What, then, is love all about?

I ask these questions because my daily reality here in San Francisco, as summer turns to fall and soon to winter, is my complete aloneness. My son Peter leaves here on Saturday, and when he goes I lose my only reliable adult companion. There is no woman in my life to share my daily experiences in a physical way.

I wake up alone.

I drive to work alone.

I shop, clean, cook alone.

I do the laundry alone.

I garden and I recycle alone.

Most nights, I eat alone, and I sleep alone.

Always, I blog alone.

Is this such a hard story to understand? The only question is whether, for me, it will prove to be sustainable. Mostly, I seem to be happy being alone. I am not particularly lonely. And I do have lots of love in my life. Just nobody by my side. As the days grow shorter, the air cooler, the light harsher, and the rest of the fruit on the trees falls to the ground, I sit inside with these thoughts at night, rather than outside, like before.

Last night I had a dream there were still several large plump plums on my tree. I was climbing in it, and I tried to reach for them. They looked perfectly round, firm, soft, supple, no doubt luscious to suck and bite. I reached as far as I could but they remained always out of my reach.

-30-

***

Martes 12 de septiembre de 2006

Pienso que veo un jardín hermoso de flores, asistido una mujer encantadora. Todo es amarillo, y anaranjado y rosado y verde. Una fotografía de una persona verdadera en un lugar verdadero, capturada como una imagen que vela los límites entre el verdadero y percibido.

En alrededor mirar, Juan Berger explica este fenómeno. Así pues, mi pregunta es ésta: ¿Cuánto del amor es imaginario? ¿Si mis sensaciones del amor para alguien existen en mi mente y mi corazón, es que bastantes?

¿O, la sensación tiene que ser vuelta de una manera que pueda aceptar y apreciar? ¿Sobre cuál, entonces, está el amor todo?

Hago estas preguntas porque mi realidad diaria aquí en San Francisco, como verano da vuelta a la caída y pronto al invierno, soy mi aloneness completo. Mi hijo Peter se va aquí el sábado, y cuando él va yo pierde a mi solamente compañero confiable del adulto. No hay mujer en mi vida para compartir mis experiencias diarias de una manera física.

Despierto solamente.

Conduzco para trabajar solamente.

Hago compras, limpio, cocino solamente.

Hago el lavadero solamente.

Cultivo un huerto y reciclo solamente.

La mayoría de las noches, yo como solamente, y duermo solamente.

Siempre, blog de I solamente.

¿Es una esta historia tan dura a entender? La única pregunta es si, para mí, demostrará ser sostenible. Sobre todo, me parezco ser el estar feliz solo. No soy particularmente solo. Y tengo porciones de amor en mi vida. Apenas nadie por mi lado. Como los días crecen más cortos, el refrigerador del aire, el más áspero ligero, y el resto de la fruta en los árboles baja a la tierra, me siento adentro con estos pensamientos en la noche, más bien que afuera, como antes.

Ayer por la noche tenía un sueño allí seguía siendo varios ciruelos regordetes grandes en mi árbol. Subía en él, e intenté alcanzar para ellos. Miraban redondean, ponen firme perfectamente, suave, flexible, ninguna duda deliciosos para aspirar y para morder. Alcancé por lo que podía pero permanecían siempre fuera de mi alcance.

-30-

fijado por los comentarios de David Weir @ 4:29 P.M. 0 se liga a este poste
Lunes

***

私は私が美しい女性が出席する花の美しい庭を見ることを考える。 すべては黄色およびオレンジおよびピンクおよび緑である。 実質間の境界を汚すおよび感知されるイメージとして捕獲される実質の場所の実質人の写真。 In About-Looking,では、ジョンBergerはこの現象を説明する。 そう、私の質問はこれである: 愛のどの位想像であるか。 誰かのための愛の私の感じが私の心および私の中心にあれば、ことが十分あるか。 または、感じは私が認めても受け入れ、いい方法で戻らなければならないか。 愛は何、についての完全に従ってあるか。 私は夏としてサンフランシスコの私の毎日の現実がここに、落下とすぐに冬に回るのでこれらの質問を、である私の完全なalonenessする。 私の息子ピーターは土曜日にここに去り、彼が私行くとき私の信頼できる大人の友達だけ失う。 物理的な方法で私の毎日の経験を共有する私の生命に女性がない。 私は単独で目覚める。 私は単独で働くために運転する。 私は単独で買物をしたり、きれいになったり、調理する。 私は単独で洗濯をする。 私は庭いじりをし、単独でリサイクルする。 ほとんどの夜、私は単独で食べ、単独で眠る。 常に、単独でiのblog。 理解するべきこの非常に堅い物語はあるか。 唯一の質問は、私のために、支持できる証明するかどうかである。 大抵、私は幸せなだけであることようである。 私は特に孤独でない。 そして私は私の生命の愛の多くを有する。 私の側面によってちょうどだれも。 日がより短く育つように、空気クーラー、軽いより粗いの、木のフルーツの残りは地面に下り、私は夜にこれらの思考と中坐る、よりもむしろ外で、前にのように。 昨晩私はまだそこの夢をだった私の木の複数の大きくふくよかなプラム有した。 私はそれで上って、私はそれらのために達することを試みた。 それらは完全に円形になったり、吸い、かむために固まる、柔らかく、甘美なしなやか、疑い見なかった。 私は私ができたが、それらが私の範囲から常に残った限りでは達した。 -30-

Finally, back to Jenglish:

I think of that you look at the garden where the flower where the woman where I am beautiful attends is beautiful. Everything is yellow and the orange and pink and green. Boundary between substance is polluted the photograph of the substantial person of the place of the substance which is captured and as the image which is perceived.

About with Looking, as for John Berger this phenomenon is explained. So, my question this is: It is which rank imagination of love? If my feeling of love because someone's is in my heart and my center, sufficiently is there a thing?

Or, I recognizing, it accepts feeling and must return being good method? What, concerning follow does love completely?

Because as for me my everyday actuality of San Francisco here, turns to the winter with falling directly as a summer, these questions are done, my complete aloneness which is.

My son Peter Saturday goes away here, when him me going, just the friend of the adult whom I can rely on loses. There is no woman in my life which shares my everyday experience with physical method.

I awake independently.

I drive in order to work independently.

I shop independently, become clean, cook.

I wash independently.

I do the garden fumbling, recycle independently.

Most nights, I eat independently, sleep independently.

Always, independently i blog.

This it should understand is there a very hard story? Whether or not because of me, it can support the only question, it proves, is. Mostly, I seem to be the thing way which is just happy. I especially am not lonely. And I possess many of love of my life. Exactly with my side everyone.

In order for day to be brought up more shortly, rather than the air cooler, being light, is rough, remainder of the fruit of the wood descends to the land, I these thoughts and in sit down in the night, from outside the margin which is rubbed, like before.

Last night I portly plums possessed the dream over there still of my wood which is the group of largely. As for me rising with that, as for me you tried the fact that it reaches because of those. That secure in order to bite becomes completely circle, and will be that soft, sweet pliant, being doubted, you did not see, it sucks. I me was possible, but if those always remained from my range, with it reached.

-30-


***

Ah yes, the physical method. That's nice.

No comments: