Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Democrats Ascendant.1

Well, I now get to revisit my earlier predictions, as the math now dictates a 50-50 outcome in the Senate. Don't get me wrong, all the votes have not yet been counted, but I make it my business to point my calculator to the demographics of the uncounted votes, not the tallies that appear on your TV screen. The bigger cities have not yet been counted in some races, and unless some hanky-panky prevails, the split will be 50-50.

In the House, Pelosi has claimed victory, and the final totals will probably be slightly greater than my predictions, which were 230-205 in favor of the Democrats. I can't yet calculate the actual outcome, however, but it may well be more like 235-200.

Meanwhile, it is pretty clear that both parties will be running a black candidate and a female candidate on their tickets in 2008. You heard it here, the tickets will be:

GOP: McCain-Rice
Dems: Clinton-Obama

-30-

No comments: