Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy Birthday America



No photograph could capture the local scene. The Mission District of San Francisco tonight has exploded with fireworks on every block. Far away from here, on the Bay, the City's official celebration is taking place. Here, the unofficial celebration sounds like a guerrilla war zone.

But this is me this afternoon and my gf's leg.



Today my special friend arrived from Tokyo. Here she is in motion.

My girlfriend and I walked throughout the neighborhood tonight. She jumped at the loudest booms, which were indeed shocking. Car alarms were triggered, cheers went up. Children laughed and ran, covering their ears after they lit bombs and rockets that lit up our sky.


Earlier, we sat under the plum tree in my backyard. My sweet friend lay in the hammock, and ducked as ripe plums dropped all around us.

No comments: