Monday, August 13, 2007

Neighborhood Walk



This is the former German Lutheran church that is now a Buddhist temple -- the one my cousin Mike is a member of...



All over the Mission, murals are common. This one runs along an entire block of Bryant Street. I remember a long time back, when the only murals here were on Balmy Alley. Balmy still has its murals (which I'll get around to photographing one of these days), but so does the entire neighborhood.

I'm not sure how many places openly display ethnic art as The Mission does.



This part of San Francisco is pretty much the warmest micro-climate in the City, so we have magnolia trees that actually bloom here.



The patterns of various walls here become tightly defined when the light is good.



We have vehicles here that you rarely will find elsewhere.



More wall patterns.



Oops, this is not my neighborhood. This is our global neighborhood. My buddy Yogesh created this welcome sign for those down in Biloxi welcoming some visitors from India.

If you read this, the pronunciation is: SUSWAGATAM, DOSTO.

-30-

No comments: