Thursday, March 06, 2008

Life Before/After Color



It may be hard for those of you too young to remember, but some of us grew up without any photos other than black and whites.



When TV arrived, it too was only available in black and white.



Lately, for reasons I don't understand, my normally trustworthy camera has chosen to revert to these earlier times whenever I try to capture an image.

Perhaps this is only appropriate. As we approach the end of our lives, in many ways we revert to our beginnings.

On the other hand, it's also possible that I just pressed one of the wrong buttons on this contraption, and this revisionist view of the world around me is nothing more than another technologically-challenged interlude, an illusion that can be altered by pressing yet another button.

I must confess, however, that I feel like I'm living in that movie, Pleasantville these days.

I'm just hoping somebody brings the colors back soon!

p.s. If you think you can help me, please do.

-30-

No comments: