Saturday, April 19, 2008

Blown Away



A fierce wind howled through the Bay Area today. Those of us who are Soccer Moms have wind-burned faces tonight.



It was also another day of the Japanese Cherry Blossom Festival. You know, sake in a box, Sapporo in a bag, and kids dressing up as anime characters.



Baby plums are swelling on our tree. This year, I must make jam.

It was a bad day for my soccer stars, both losing for the first time this season, 0-3 and 0-6. Yuck.

It's a much better season for my fantasy baseball teams: the Mafia are in first place; the Burritos are in second place.

We bought fish in Japantown -- sawma. I've been trying to convert to fish as much as I can from my voracious meat-eating habit. The transition is not really very difficult because I think of my childhood, and my Dad out on the lake, catching our dinner.

I've always loved fresh fish, cooked over an open fire.

But, hey, I'm part-Scottish, too, so tomorrow night, it'll be lamb roast.

If you have not yet had a chance to review some of my blog posts on the media business, but would like to, please click on the title of this post, and you'll go directly to the BNET page where those columns appear.

This address, Hotweir, is my personal journal. That one is my professional blog. We live in an age now where millions of people blog every day. Most have few readers. I've been blessed to have found a modest audience, many of whom contact me via email or even post a comment here, now and then.

But this is a not-for-profit activity; in fact, to be blunt, this is huge loss leader for me. BNET potentially is different. So, if were to make an appeal, it would be to please visit that one if you like this one. The only way this one can truly thrive is if that one does.

-30-

No comments: