Friday, April 18, 2008

From Fort Funston to Wall Street

First, tonight, a slide show.










***

Investor's Corner

These three NASDAQ winners all finished the week sharply up.

$540.21 Google

$161.58 Apple

$ 80.10 Amazon

Still, due to the weak economy, they remain below their historic peaks. Now, I'm getting used to making predictions, here's how I see the rest of this year playing out. Google will reach $700, Apple $200, and Amazon $100.

That's $200 upside on each $781.89 you might invest for one share of each of these companies. Obviously, don't hold me responsible if this proves to be wrong; I'm neither a licensed analyst nor an active investor myself. But I'll tell you this. If I had, say $5,000 to invest next Monday morning, I'd consider spreading it among these three tech companies, and hope to see a 25% return ($1,250) by Christmas.

The three firms are managed by smart, aggressive people who understand their market strength, their brand equity, their product lines, and most importantly, the global nature of today's Internet-driven business environment.

Maybe someone reading this has a spare $5k to risk. If so, and if you try my strategy, please let me know how it turns out.

All I can do, sadly, is watch from the sidelines for I currently have no money at all.

-30-

No comments: