Thursday, April 17, 2008

So you want to be an investor?



I'm amused by all the analysts who have switched their recommendation on Google stock to SELL lately. An earnings report is due today, and conventional wisdom is the slowly domestic economy will keep the search giant from hitting its quarterly target.

I'm not any kind of registered analyst but my recommendation is BUY.

Why?

Because, unlike many large American companies, Google has recognized that its main venue for growth will be overseas, and it's put its money where its users are. It owns four of the top seven websites in India, for instance, where only a fraction of the population is online, but where the Internet market is entering a period of exponential growth.

Not to mention China.

Therefore, if I had a spare $440, I'd buy a share of Google right now, before the company announces its earnings report. Because, I believe the company's global strategy will pay off and provide the necessary counter-balance to its slowing U.S. business performance.

You read it here first! But please don't blame me if the conventional thinkers are right on this one. I'm just sticking my neck out -- something I like to do now and again...

:------)

-30-

No comments: