Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Dad Won't Be Home for Christmas This Year

There comes a time in life when, no matter how hard we try, we simply cannot be where we most want to be. But health is health; money is money, geography and the laws of physics are immutable.

This holiday season I will not be able to be in my own home, but I will see at least some of my children, probably on Christmas Day and several days before then and after.

The holiday period is approaching; it's a tricky time of year, whatever your holiday/religious traditions may be. People are rushing about, buying presents, sending cards, making cookies.

I'm resting, and recovering. I feel stronger each day. This particular Dad won't be home for Christmas this year; but I hope and plan to be around for many more in the years to come.

Happy Holidays, everybody.

-30-

4 comments:

Anjuli said...

rest is important. I'm glad you will get to see some of your children during this holiday season. No matter what- you need the rest so you will see them, as you said, for many more years to come!!

Anonymous said...

It is much more important to take care of yourself and be around for the long haul. Our love is with you. Nance

Anonymous said...

I agree with Nancy - focus on your health and build up your strength. We're thinking of you - Love, Carole

Anonymous said...

Glad that you are recovering and hoping that this marks the first of many merry Christmases for you.
love, Kath