Saturday, May 14, 2011

Family Recipes


While I doubt that mashed cauliflower is up there on anyone's list of hall of fame dishes, it is one of our family favorites, courtesy of my oldest daughter, whose son loves it with gusto.

Today, my youngest daughter and I decided to experiment with this dish. We started out back, in the garden, picking a small, sweet onion and a nasturtium flower.


A few simple steps later, after adding in sliced daikon from my nostalgic trip earlier today to a certain grocery store in Japantown, and a bunch of other ingredients, we had a winner, according to those who tasted it.


-30-

p.s. Here is our recipe:

1 comment:

Anjuli said...

I definitely want to try this recipe- I loved Mashed Cauliflower- and also what I call 'Caulirice'...as I look at your recipe, I suspect I'm going to love this dish!