Friday, August 23, 2013

Weekend Edition

Weekend: The first week of school is over for my two youngest and at least one of my grandsons. They all seem to have weathered it well.

Of course, teenagers are not known for their communication skills, but my youngest daughter told me tonight there are a couple kids in her classes who seem nice. "I don't know if I can say we are friends yet, but..."

She is taking a self-defense class this weekend -- something I consider mandatory for young women in the inner city, unfortunately.

More on that on Sunday.

My youngest son has managed to create a class schedule that means he does not have to get to school until 9:30 am every day. Since he is most definitely not a morning person, this is as good as it could get for him at Lowell HS.

Me? End of week three in my new job. The feedback is that I am doing well, which feels nice.

Lots of news -- huge fires, political scandals, an imminent shutdown of the Bay Bridge. You know the routine...

-30-

No comments: