Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Seasonal Beginnings

So much excitement among the kids -- my 18-year-old passed his driver's test today. His first trip without supervision was to pick up his girlfriend and drive her to the mall. Classic Americana.

My 17-year-old, a senior in high school, got a good class schedule, finally. He doesn't have to be there until 9:30 every day, and he is most definitely not a morning person.

My youngest has started high school, seems to like it, says the kids are nice, and is back on a club soccer team with regular practice and an upcoming schedule of games.

All good. One grandchild just started kindergarten, another is on his first soccer team. It's the season of starting things.

I, of course, just started a job. Last night I got to spend a couple hours with a special friend who has been accompanying me to tech events this past summer. She is moving away, sadly, but says she will stay in touch. She'll be just in LA and back here monthly, so maybe she will.

-30-

No comments: