Thursday, March 05, 2015

3,000?

i do not know whether this blog will make it throught the 300+ posts to make it to that total. It is proving to be increasingly difficult for me to do this work, plus I doubt anyone notices or cares.

Fact is things still happen. At a slightly younger age I had the energy to tell the story. Now I just have to endure the reality.

This morning my youngest and I walked the 2 1/2 blocks to where my car was parked, at 8:15. She had to be at school by 8:45.

My ancient car (2004 Saturn Ion) would not start, thanks to GM, and my inability to get the recall parts installed to date.

Fifteen minutes later it finally started, just after Christine from USAA road service, finally connected through my cellphone. Julia, meanwhile, could not raise a cab via 333-3333 (Yellow Cab).

Long story short I got her to school ten minutes late, with a hand-signed note. No damage done. Funny thing is, unlike most days and nights, she talked to me throughout this process. I felt like we connected.

That was what made today feel special.

-30-

No comments: