Sunday, December 29, 2019

Rainy Sunday Dim Sum

My friend Roger visited me in this place and the rain poured down for a while as we talked business. That is one of my passions -- launching new businesses, strategy, revenue projections, market estimation, growth potential -- all the things I've been doing since the Internet went viral via the Web in 1995.

He also brought Dim Sum -- first time I've had in years and it was delicious.

I love the different ways people's brains work. Roger not only has one of the best business minds I know, he is also strong in technology, media, and politics. He has worked in major political campaigns in the past, so he is always insightful about subjects like the 2020 Presidential election.

All in all, a delightful visit.

***

It seems my kids, or some of them, question whether I can live independently yet. I don't blame them, given my recent history. But it is what I want. I also want to work again. Roger and I worked together at KQED. I miss the many relationships I had there. Maybe after six more months of recovery, I can set up a small consulting project.

-30-

No comments: