Friday, January 03, 2020

Housing Realities

Today I came to a new understanding about what I can tolerate in my future living situation. In fact, what I would prefer. I'd like to be in an assisted care facility where the help can be dialed up or back, depending on my health status

There are few non-negotiable items -- it has to be a private room and bathroom. It has to be in the Bay Area.

Currently, I'm in strong health. So my thought was why not start researching now?

I called based on a Google search and was assigned an expert, Karen. She said I would have to leave the Bay Area in order to afford such a place. She also said to call back when I was closer to the state of needing assisted living. She left me her number.

So just when I reached the self-awareness that I am willing to consider a dramatic change, the prospect of living independently at home re-emerges as my best option.

-30-

No comments: