Thursday, January 02, 2020

Another 7:23 Sunrise

It seems familiar now. I sleep fitfully through the darkness until roughly an hour or less before sunset here. Pacifica is clear this morning temperature is 51 degrees, It is very quiet here as the morning shift will arrive with the sun.

I've already had my first nurse visit -- from Chin, one of my favorites.

***

During their visit the other day, Dylan and Meg gave me some advice regarding my memoir. It was essentially "Put as many anecdotes about famous people in there as you can."

The manuscript is increasingly packed with such anecdotes, because I've had many such encounters in my life.

But that is not the purpose of the book. This is a contradiction I must work out. I'm trying to argue journalism is at risk and explain the investigative process, but the anecdotes keep overwhelming that narrative.

-40-

No comments: