Saturday, December 28, 2019

The Place

My adventures rhrough the American health care matrix continues. Don't ask why or how, but I/ve landed in a place where most people have severe dementia. I know this is not a joking matter but there IS something hilarious about this.

At first I was scared, I admit, but I soon realized everyone here is harmless and lovable. Well maybe not everyone. The screamers irritate me at night since I can't sleep.

I always knew this would happen. Being on Medicare is like magic.

Again, no one should misinterpret my comments as insensitive about mental illness. But the fact that every time they administer the cognition test I score 100% seems to puzzle everyone. (It doesn't hurt they ask the same questions every time. They should just skip the test and mark 100%.)

To be serious this is truly a sad place. I am doing more care-giving than care-receiving but these nurses are under-resourced. They need more resources! I'm apparently the only one with a working esophagus. Today I learned how to keep it that way.

Onward!

-30-

No comments: