Wednesday, September 30, 2026

The Road Splits

Today, as an experiment, I am separating the news headlines into two batches — general news and news about AI. This reflects the growing significance of AI in our lives. 

The idea is that on any given day I may include links to an expanded cross-section of news and views of this revolutionary technology. Why? Because we literally cannot go on living without understanding AI.

I know that some of my long-time readers don’t like AI and have been resisting getting to become familiar with it as a result. So I’m making it easy — just read through the headlines each day, perhaps click on one story that intrigues you, and Presto! In a month you’ll know more about AI than 90 percent of the politicians we need to persuade to do something about it.

We’ll see if this works. AI has the potential to solve many of our problems, such as a cure for cancers of all kinds, but it needs strict regulation as fiercely as nuclear weapons.

To get from here to there, we have to educate our elected officials. And to do that, we first have to educate ourselves.

HEADLINES:

LATEST AI NEWS:

 

No comments: